Welcome

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Monday, April 16, 2012

Printmaking

I have always been attracted to Printmaking. In the past, I took several printmaking classes at the wonderful Armory Center for the Arts (Pasadena, CA) with instructor, Carolyn James. The class included printmaking processes, including chine colle, reductive and additive monotypes, relief printing, drypoint etching, collograph and viscosity prints. In the earlier classes, we used oil based inks but later on started using water-based inks which are so much easier for clean up.



 


(top) monotype, "Experiment", (second row left) rubber block-print "Landscape" (second row right) monotype "crosses" (third row left) rubber block-print "Tulip" (third row right) drypoint, "Desert Landscape" (bottom) "Flower" (three colors).





4 comments:

  1. Gosh...I know nothing about printmaking! But I do have a few prints that I love. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for replying! Printmaking has nothing to do with watercolor but I thought it would be fun to post some of my attempts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these Kittie, fun to take that class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great class and in the evenings so it's doable. You would probably love it! Thanks for commenting, Libby!

    ReplyDelete