Welcome

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mary Whyte: Working South

Last week I received a brochure in the mail for Mary Whyte's Museum Tour of "Working South". The museum exhibitions start in Charleston, South Carolina (May 4th thru Sept. 9, 2012) at the Gibbes Museum of Art. From there it goes to Savannah, Georgia (Oct. 5th, 2012 thru Feb. 24th, 2013) The last city is Newport News, Virginia (Apr. 6th thru Jul. 7th, 2013) at the Peninsula Fine Art Center.

It would be fantastic seeing Mary White's watercolors at one of these exhibitions! (A Gal can dream)! If not possible, the next best thing I will do is purchase the book.


The website for this exhibition is:



6 comments:

  1. Another one of my favorite artists. I, too, would LOVE to see one of her exhibits...so I'll dream along with you! Will definitely check out her book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book looks great and if one has to save money, it also comes out in paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! And I just found it on Amazon. $39.46 for hardcover and $19.77 soft cover. Might have to indulge and get one! It's free shipping too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's quite a savings! Thanks for letting me know! I will order one.

      Delete
  4. Hi Kathleen I'm glad I found your blog. I met you in 2009 at the first WW demo for that year. I've always admired your paintings so now I can follow your blog and see them as you finish them.
    I'm also glad to see this post about Mary Whyte. I'm going to Charleston next week and I'm going to try to get to the museum to see her work. I just learned about her a couple of weeks ago and checked out her work. She's amazing! I look forward to seeing her work in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Nancy,
      I remember we sat next to each other at that Watercolor West meeting. Scott Moore was the juror for that show and it was also take-in for accepted work. Your painting was so cool with the oranges and you got a NWS award for it!

      I would love to see Mary Whyte's show at one of the museum locations! I really hope you do get to visit her show! I just think she is an amazing artist; I met her once and she is also very sweet! Please let me know if you were able to see the exhibit when you return!

      Thanks for checking out my blog. I will follow yours too!

      Delete