Welcome

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Balboa Park Pond

Today I finally finished painting "Balboa Park Pond". It's a full sheet watercolor, 20"x28" done on Arches hot press 300 lb paper.

Last year in October I visited San Diego to attend the San Diego Watercolor Society's Annual Exhibition in which I had a painting accepted. The SDWS has a wonderful Gallery and some of the members I met were friendly and really made me feel welcome.

While I was there, I went to Balboa Park and took photographs of the pond there. It was a beautiful day and I also visited the San Diego Museum of Art there in the Park. I hadn't been in years and it was as lovely as ever! I'm happy to have a memento painting from my very nice time spent in San Diego, CA


6 comments:

  1. Just stunning! I do love your water paintings and this one is fabulous! Would love to see it in person!! Hoping to paint today, staying in on a rainy day is one of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gail!
    I agree with you! Today being rainy makes it a perfect day to paint! You don't feel like you're missing a sunny, beautiful day and the paint doesn't dry too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Kittie, congratulations on finishing it!

    ReplyDelete