Welcome

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Monday, December 31, 2012

Highlights of the Year

I follow Lori Koop's blog, TRU. She mentioned making a list of 10 things that happened during the year that were significant. What a great idea!


So here are my 10 things that felt like accomplishments in 2102:

 (1) Took an Art Marketing Course led by a friend, Robin who used Alyson B. Stanfield's        method. I did a blog post "Books for Artists" in March 2012 mentioning Stanfield's book.

 (2) Joined a Cooking Club with friends, Libby, Cindy, Kathryn and Joan where we rotate meeting every other month at one of our homes with our Husbands to share making a themed dinner.

 (3) I turned the big 60 and my Husband had a wonderful Birthday party for me!

 (4) Started "Kathleen Ballard Watercolor blog, Celebrating the love of painting with watercolors".

 (5) Creative Catalyst featured me and my painting with an interview on their blog. I posted a blog entry about that in April 2012.

 (6) My Husband and I planted a garden which also included building an enclosure fence.

 (7) I met a new artist friend, Kate. She's a wonderful person and a super artist!

 (8) I was fortunate to be accepted into nine shows and won two awards this year.

 (9) I had two solo exhibits this year. One at the Coffee Galley, Altadena, CA and one currently at the Center for Wellbeing in Sierra Madre, CA

(10) Attended Chris Beck's watercolor workshop in San Carlos, CA. I admire Chris' paintings and was thrilled to attend one of her workshops.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. A well-rounded year of fun and accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to tic off a list of achievements that anyone could be proud of...I love your high key paintings !

    ReplyDelete