Welcome

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Books for Artists:

The Artist's Way - A Spiritual Guide to Higher Creativity
by Julia Cameron


This book is like a bible for artist's. My copy is a bit ragged because I re-read it and do the exercises in it every other year or so. It is the reason I continue to journal, "write the morning pages."

For more info, check out Julia Cameron Live

Art and Fear - Observations on the Peril (and rewards) of Artmaking
by David Bayles and Ted Orland


Now and then, I feel artist's block. I first checked this book out of the library and loved what it had to say that I purchased my own copy. It's nice to review this book every now and then for supportive perspective on the dreaded artist's block!

Order "Art and Fear" at Amazon
I'd rather be in the studio - The Artist's No-Excuse Guide to Self Promotion
by Alyson B. Stanfield


This is the book I am currently reading. I'm learning that success in the art field doesn't just drift our way, we have to work at self promotion. This wonderful book shows the way to set goals, quit the excuses and gives you tools to work toward being a successful artist.

Check out Alyson B. Stanfield's website


No comments:

Post a Comment