Welcome

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Let's go to the Races!

"Don's Racehorses"  watercolor   12"x28"

Last year I painted "Don's Racehorses" as a commission for a High School pal. I must admit I was a bit nervous about painting horses as I had never done it before but ended up really having fun doing it. It was great visiting with him after all these years! Thanks Don!

6 comments:

  1. You had never painted horses before??? Amazing!! This is so very well done, and I must say it does not look like it was easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy with it when finished! Thanks, Kathryn!

      Delete
  2. Kathleen, this is fabulous! The detail is amazing and the horses look just like they are flying down the track! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail! Thanks for posting on my new blog! I loved painting "Don's Racehorses" and got paid too! How cool is that!?

      Delete