Welcome

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Camera Lucida

I received an email message today from Watercolor Artist with the info and sales of the Lucid-Art™ Camera Lucida. "The LUCID-Art is a modern version of the classic camera lucida drawing tool that has been used by artists for centuries. Great Masters from Michelangelo Caravaggio and Jan Vermeer to Jean Ingres were said to have used camera lucidas and similar devices to help create some of their masterpieces". Wikipedia explains its description and history.

What I discovered on the website for the Lucid-Art™ Camera Lucida is a video interview (here's the YouTube version) by David Hockney who wrote the book, "Secret Knowledge, Rediscovering the Lost Techniques of the Old Masters". It sounds fascinating!

"Secret Knowledge" by David Hockney


No comments:

Post a Comment